St Nicholas Parish 100 Club
With the kind and generous help of our many friends and 60 adult parishioners, we were able to raise over £300,000 for the restoration work needed to make the very dilapidated church building we bought in 2010 habitable. We now have our beautiful church with a full
schedule of services and it is a veritable miracle that we were able to achieve this within 18 months from the day we launched our Building Appeal fund.
Although we have now managed to pay, back our £250,000 building loan, we are in constant need to raise funds for ongoing maintenance. We receive no financial help from any agency - religious or secular - at home or abroad. for We have therefore decided to launch our own parish 100 Club as part of our on-going fundraising efforts.
Joining the Club gives you a chance to make a valuable donation to our church and to win cash prizes at the same time. We hope that many of our parishioners and friends will support this venture and thereby ensure its success. We look forward to welcoming you to the Club and to you becoming one of our winners.
HOW IT WORKS
1. Membership is achieved by subscribing to the Club, costing the subscriber £1 per month. Subscription however needs to be paid in full annually either by cash, cheque or a quarterly Standing Order.
2. For every £12 stake a 12-month subscriber number will be issued.
3. A prize draw will be made in the last week of each calendar month. All current subscribers will be entered into each draw.
4. Three prizes will be awarded each month.
5. Each year, 50% of the subscription money received will be paid out as prizes during the year and 50% will go to the church loan fund.
6. Prize money is payable only to the person to whom the subscriber number has been issued.
7. The 100 Club can only operate with a membership of no fewer than 60 members. There is no limit to memberships and families may choose to have as many members joining as they wish.
8. Personal information will be used only for the purposes of the St Nicholas 100 Club. Prize- winning numbers will be posted each month on the St Nicholas website (see at the top of this page) and on the church’s noticeboard.
Q: How does the Club benefit the church?
A: 50% of the subscription money goes to the church each year and 50% is paid out in monthly prizes.This means that if 100 members subscribe, £600 will go to the church and £600 will go out in prizes.Thus, there will be a fund of £50/calendar month for prizes, drawing £25, £15 and £10 for the winners.The more members there are, the bigger the prizes and the more money will go to the church.
Q: Who can join the Club?
A: Anyone can join the Club, you don’t have to be a member of our parish and you can have as many members of your family as subscribers as you wish.
Q: When can I join the Club?
A: We would like to launch the 100 Club on November 1st 2011 with the first draw taking place at the end of November. Therefore, we would ask potential subscribers to assist us by making payments on or around November lst to ensure we have the necessary numbers to launch the Club. Once the Club is launched new members in the future can join anytime
Q: How can I join the Club?
A1: By filling the form below and returning it with your cheque to: Marianna Colyer, 9 Hengrove Close, Oxford OX3 9LN. Cash payments + form should be handed over to Marianna or Simon Jennings (Treasurer) at the church. Standing Orders should commence forthwith.
A2: You can also take out the annual subscription online via PayPal may be particular convenient to our overseas members. Just follow the link below and take out the number of subscriptions you desire. If you have any difficulties using the online subscription service, you can contact the Treasurer